Wednesday 26 September 2012

Varsity Jackets

I haven't really noticed a trend in jackets yet, except that nobody seems to be wearing the ones I own, but I do like varsity jackets. Here's Adam, 2nd year nursing, modelling this year's Arts Soc crew jacket.


Before I saw anyone in UCD wearing this, I had been at a party the Saturday before and complimented a guy for wearing one. It had no logo and looked really well on him. For some reason, he told me I wouldn't be able to get one like it. I hit up eBay but gave up when I remembered I had better things to waste my money on.

The party was good fun. I found it on Facebook and crashed it with my friend's sister. On the way out of the taxi I dropped my iPhone and smashed the screen :(. When we went into the party, we had to sign a release because it was being filmed as part of some low-budget movie. Not a bad excuse for a party. The host was nice and didn't notice we hadn't been invited. Andrew, whoever you are, thanks!

Then it turned out Arts Soc all had varsity jackets. Adam got his trousers in Zara for €30. I don't like his colour coordination. Orange Sony headphones too. Big headphones seem to be fairly hip right now. He said he didn't have €250 to waste on a pair of Beats. His t-shirt is from River Island. He told me the shoes are “Nike-e 6-ohs". Skate shoes -- definitely trailing the fashion here. Adam also said “Arts Soc is in... so in right now... so hot right now... see you at the Arts Ball.” He's kinda right.

Sorry about the rubbish in the corner of the photo. Adam said my clothes were “kinda last year,” “casually understated,” “shoes are dunnes” (they weren't) and that I should wear “brown loafers”.